This is not an article with tips for light packing. This is a piece on how to travel with as many as you can, pointing out how important it is to arrive at your destination with lots of clothing options.
Once a heavy packer, always a heavy packer.
The truth is that having to travel so often, made me much better at packing , nevertheless I always regret about all the things I leave behind…
So the following tips focus not on how to achieve the art of light packing but how to feel confident about the sac voyage you just made.
7 essential PACKING TIPS
- Planning the outfits of a trip is key in wise packing. Try to do it, even if you end up with 12 combos for just two days. This will help you a lot to realize what you really need to take with you.
- To plan your outfits efficiently, you need to gather some useful information. So start to form in your head the schedule of every day, google the weather conditions and ask about the dress code of the events you are going to attend.
- Always start by building outfits around pieces you know you’ll be excited to wear.
- To make a list of all things that are necessary in every journey (cosmetics, medicine, chargers, umbrella etc.) is essential and can save a lot of time. You can start your own here
- Think twice about the shoes and the coats you are going to put in your suitcase. They take up a lot of space so you have to choose the most flexible ones.
- Go for pieces that can easily be styled into a number of outfits and look equally chic day and night. Do add a couple of silk tops and scarves, which they will help you to mix and match. During summer, take a lot of sarongs, sunglasses and jewelry. All these will help you create completely different looks so you won’t feel that you wear the same things all the time.
- Don’t expect from yourself to come up with a nice outfit plan quickly. It takes time to make the final packing list. Personally, I start keeping notes long ahead my trips. Whenever I feel inspired about it, I add items or outfits, then I edit my list every now and then and end up with The List. In this way, I feel much more ready when the moment of packing comes and I reduce the possibilities to arrive somewhere without something I would like to wear. So take your time. There is no such thing as packing in panic for stylish travellers…