Greek islands have their own dress code
If you manage to decode their style rules and know what to wear in the Greek islands, then you are going to enjoy more your vacation there. Here is what you have to do, if you want to know what to pack and wear in the Greek islands:
Before you go, make a list of what to wear in the Greek islands
– First of all create an #islandlife capsule wardrobe. This wardrobe of island basics should include essentials like leather gladiator sandals, swimwear with bohemian touches, cover ups with folk details, light cotton shirt dresses, flip-flops and panama hats.
– My own list of vacation favourites consists also of white peasant blouses, rompers, light blue men shirts, striped tees, white and denim shorts and several couples of espadrilles.
– Always update your aforementioned summer classics with some trendy items. This summer, add a straw basket bag, an off shoulder top, a pajama top, a full skirt with a vintage tourist feel and an one-piece swimsuit.
– Pack also a kimono to be used as a beach cover up and a mini wrap dress with floral patterns that can take you everywhere from morning to night!
The packing plan
Always have in mind little tricks that will help you with the packing and for the outfits to wear in the Greek islands (see here: My packing tips or how to travel with everything you want!)
- Pick up clothes that can play double duty. For example one piece suits can also be worn as tops with high-waisted shorts and shirts can become perfect cover ups for the beach.
- Keep on adding sarongs and sunglasses. They can change an outfit and one’s mood without taking up much space in the luggage
- Add a star piece and built one or two outfits around it. I am talking about the item – mood fixer of the season, the one that can make you feel happy and look beautiful.
- Stick to a colour palette. My favourite hues are either whites-light blues with a dash of red or safari shades like khaki, beige, black. You can never go wrong with them.
After you arrive
– Do some smart shopping on the island. Look for stylish finds in either traditional tourist shops or in modern boutiques with new Greek brands that revive the Grecian-chic style in the coolest way!