Discover the best hotel Valentine’s Day ideas for decoration, staycation, dinners, cocktails and many more that will spark romance!
Spectacular floral arrangements, opulent décor, menus created by world-renowned chefs and cocktails inspired by award-winning bars. What if we could do all these at home and experience the romance in our space? The luxurious hotels of the world are ideal for giving us inspiration on how to set the scene for an unforgettable Valentine’s Day!
See below a list with the best Valentine’s Day ideas from hotels:
1. Do it like a talented hotel chef and cook a lovable dish!
Here is a recipe for Eggs Royale, courtesy of Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh
For the Hollandaise Sauce:
4 ½ oz unsalted butter
2 egg yolks 0.4 fl oz white wine vinegar
A sprig of rosemary 0.2 fl oz hot water
For the Eggs Royale:
2 medium eggs (for poaching)
½ cup of white wine vinegar
Smoked salmon 1 English muffin
Melt the butter in a pot on the cooker but do not allow it to boil. Then separate the butterfat from the buttermilk and keep the buttermilk aside.
2. Add the white wine vinegar and rosemary to a small pot and use the heat to reduce the liquid by half.
3. In a bowl whisk the egg yolks with 0.2 fl oz of hot water on top of a pot with simmering water. Once it looks creamy, stop.
4. Start whisking the yolk and slowly add the buttermilk.
5. While whisking, adjust the consistency with the vinegar reduction and some hot water.
6. Taste and adjust with salt and vinegar reduction to your liking.
TO POACH EGGS:
1. In a pot with simmering water add half a cup of white wine vinegar.
2. Crack open the eggs in two small containers.
3. Gently stir the water and add the eggs one at a time.
4. Wait 3 min and stir occasionally.
5. Gently spoon the poached eggs out of the water and place on a plate.
1. Cut an English muffin in half and toast, then place the halves on the plate.
2. Add the smoked salmon on top of the English muffin, creating a nest for the eggs.
3. Lay the eggs on the muffin and garnish with two spoonfuls of Hollandaise sauce.
4. Top with freshly ground pepper and enjoy!
And here is the recipe for a Chia Pudding, courtesy of Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock
½ cup chia seed
2 ¼ cup non-dairy milk
½ cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1 cup beet juice
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
½ tablespoon, honey
- In a bowl, add chia seeds.
- In a blender, add non-dairy milk, strawberries beet juice, honey, vinegar. Blend until completely smooth.
- Slowly pour mixture over the bowl with chia seed while stirring, stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Place in the fridge and let it sit overnight or at least 4-5 hours.
- When you’re ready to eat portion in mason jars, with your desired toppings like coconut, strawberries, herbs, flaxseed, granola, etc.
2. Gift a touch of hotel luxury life
A set of two fluffy bathrobes is the best start when you plan a pampering day for 2! For the bathrooms of Hotel Nolinski, Garnier-Thiebaut created a product between the bathrobe and the dressing gown to ensure the perfect mix of comfort and style. This bathrobe is absorbent inside and offers a refined design with this grey fabric and a thin golden embroidered on the chest. Garnier-Thiebaut has worked with many iconic hotels and restaurants that are ambassadors of the French luxury and art of living and can also bring the best of the hotel linen comfort at your home. You can find the Nolinski bathrobes here.
3. Copy decoration ideas from the most luxurious hotel suites
4. Let your favourite hotel do the cooking
The most luxurious hotels of your city are more than willing to take care of your celebration dinner. Here in my city, in Athens, the historic Hotel Grande Bretagne creates the most elegant gastronomic experience for Valentine’s Day!
Celebrate that very special day in the comfort of your own home and experience the most authentic romantic dinner for two, exclusively curated by the culinary team of the most historic hotel of Athens. Welcome your loved one with freshly baked blinis, smoked salmon ‘pâté’ with chives and shrimp with bergamot and ginger. As a first course, enjoy a superb chestnut soup with amaretto cream, continue with the unique prosciutto ‘San Daniele’, mozzarella di bufala, radicchio and roasted mango and for main course savor the most tender veal tenderloin with mushroom ragout ‘en croute’, roasted root ‘purée’ and seasonal steamed vegetables. The most beautiful chocolate rose with bitter chocolate mousse, caramel cream and pecan brownies seal the sweetest epilogue of your romantic dinner.
5. Present your gift in the most elegant way
Hotel Baccarat New York gives us a very elegant idea of how a Valentine’s Day gift can be presented.
6. Add some aphrodisiac flavours to your dinner!
Looking for some inspiration to spice up your at-home valentine’s dinner? Kimpton Grey’s DIY aphrodisiac duo is ideal to kick-off your romantic celebration and impress your partner with a delicious homemade delicacy. Named after the bicycles traditionally carrying the freshly picked wild elderflower blossoms to the St-Germain factory in the French countryside, Le Tandem Rouge is a sweet and floral creation, with a nice and surprising love bite. The mix of flavors from the lemon to the elderflower, and the mix of textures from the puree to the bubbles, make this cocktail a vibrant and fresh love song, easy to recreate at home and good for all budget.
Pair it with our aphrodisiac dipping chocolate sauce to invigorate your festivities! Blending the bitterness of the dark chocolate and the kick of the chili powder and the turmeric, this chocolate sauce is perfect to awaken the senses, ideal to dip long-stemmed strawberries or anything else…
LE TANDEM ROUGE
Fresh raspberry puree (or muddled raspberries)
½ oz vodka
½ oz St Germain Elderflower liquor
½ oz lemon juice
Top with sparkling wine
Serve in a chilled martini glass and enjoy!
DIY APHRODISIAC DIPPING CHOCOLATE SAUCE
2 full size dark chocolate
Melt in a saucepan on low
½ a teaspoon of chili powder, for fire
½ a teaspoon of turmeric, for circulation
1 teaspoon of coconut oil, for smoothness
Stir cool and dip!
*Or order the most romantic desserts
7. Start the day properly
Croissants and roses are an irresistible combo! But why not enjoy a hotel breakfast in bed and treat yourself to an unforgettable romantic experience on the morning of Valentine’s Day?
The Berkeley’s special Breakfast in Bed menu comes with heart-shaped treats and glossy pastries from our in-house bakery. Add a bottle or two of Laurent Perrier champagne for a mimosa moment, and choose from beautiful McQueens bouquets for added romance. Available 13 and 14 February.
8. Make a romantic cocktail
60ml Beefeater pink gin
20ml beetroot and cardamom reduction syrup (recipe beneath)
25ml fresh lime juice
25ml pasteurized egg white
Muddle 3 raspberries in the shaker then add the rest of the ingredients.
Dry Shake for 10 seconds then add ice cubes and shake till chilled.
Double strain into a coupé glass and garnish with dehydrated raspberries.
Serve with Lanson Rosé Champagne and truffled Rosé Champagne chocolates.
For the syrup
You will need
500ml of beetroot juice and 10 cardamom pods
Crush the cardamom pods.
Add beetroot juice and crushed cardamom into a saucepan.
Heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until reduced to a creamy consistency.
Let it cool down and then strain the syrup through a muslin cloth.
Keep beetroot in a sealable jar and refrigerate ready for use.
Recipe courtesy of Ashford Castle
Always look for a glamorous staycation at a hotel of your city
St George Lycabettus, one of the most romantic hotels in Athens celebrates Valentine’s Day and offers a wide range of options: Romantic packages, Suite dining, Valentine’s Menus for delivery & take away.
In the same hotel, you can enjoy a gourmet romantic dinner with a bottle of sparkling wine for two in the safety & privacy of one of the exterior rooms or luxurious suites with the spectacular views of the Acropolis & the city of Athens.