The iconic hotel of London has collaborated with legendary designer – and long-time friend and guest of the hotel Christian Louboutin for its 10th anniversary Claridge’s Christmas Tree 2019
Inspired by the romance of train travel, the Loubi Express has just landed next to a 5-metre tree, adorned with sparkling fairy lights at the Claridge’s lobby, which has been transformed into an enchanted snowy forest. “There is something nostalgic about travelling by train that reminds me of grand adventures and journeys home. Trains allow you to dream, to contemplate the landscape flying past and to get a little respite from the hectic pace of life. That feeling is something I wanted to recreate” says the famous and visionary designer.
The Loubi Express is an intimate 4 table dining carriage serving, of course, Christian’s favourite champagne cocktails and Claridge’s foodie favourites. As a nostalgic festive soundtrack plays in the background and wintry scenes zip past the window, guests are transported to a glamorous golden age. The Christmas Tree is also decorated with gold and red baubles, and shoe-shaped gingerbread biscuits, with a glistening gold leaf crown on the top adding the finishing touch.
Christian Louboutin’s iconic red is everywhere in his concept, from the fairy tale glittering locomotive to the champagne cocktail Pantone 18 that has been specially created to be served during the festive season.
Useful info that you should know, in case you want to see Claridge’s Christmas Tree 2019 and go aboard the Loubi Express:
– Passengers are welcome onboard from Friday 22 November and the carriage will be open Tuesdays–Saturdays from 5 pm until midnight.
– There are no advance tickets to The Loubi Express, which runs on a first-come, first-served basis
– Families with children are very welcome onboard.
– Photographs are allowed given that one respects the privacy of one’s fellow passengers.
– We’ll be serving champagne by the bottle and by the glass, a trio of exclusive cocktails inspired by Christian Louboutin, canapés and sharing dishes