Claridge’s – the legendary Mayfair hotel – has unveiled a series of new suites, designed by award-winning and next-generation interior designer Bryan O’Sullivan of Bryan O’Sullivan Studio.
The two new Claridge’s suites see the hotel’s signature Art Deco and Victorian architectural styles celebrated, yet reimagined for today. Discover restored turn-of-the-century furnishings paired with generous walk-in wardrobes, marble bathrooms and tucked-away tech. It is a pairing of classic and contemporary that never goes out of style.
Interior Designer Bryan O’Sullivan previously designed the much talked about and admired Berkeley Bar, at Claridge’s sister hotel The Berkeley, and has other upcoming projects across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
The art deco Mayfair suite is a contemporary homage to Claridge’s art deco era. The original scalloped fireplace, in pink marble and glass, inspired the entire concept and scallop curves to continue throughout from the curvature of a beautiful hand-painted screen to the coral mohair chairs.
In The Victorian Mayfair suite, Bryan O’Sullivan, inspired by Claridge’s Victorian architectural features, experimented with the furniture, fusing different eras, from the 1940s up to the modern day. Again, the original Victorian fireplace is a focal point of the suite straddled by 1950s Italian-inspired bespoke wall lights. Statement pieces in the suite include a free-form marble-topped dining table and a vast curved sofa in chestnut mohair. Other notable pieces include a spectacular curved mini bar in walnut with floral marquetry inlay and a much-coveted shearling Finn Jhul ‘Pelican’ chair which resides in the bedroom.
Do it like Claridge’s: How to create a contemporary feel with art deco touches
- Choose a colour palette that consists of pinks, corals, light green and neutrals
- Don’t forget two velvet armchairs with Art Deco-inspired touches
- Mix art deco-era antiques with pieces that give an overarching contemporary feel.
- Have in mind an effortlessly elegant, soft and light mood.
- Select carefully a vintage statement piece for every space. In the case of the Art Deco Mayfair Suite, this piece is a pendant light in the sitting room of the suite, a 1950s Murano glass piece sourced at an Italian auction.
- Add a marble bathroom with a vanity mirror flanked with light bulbs evoking silver screen glamour